Tuesday, September 23, 2014

An Important Blog Update

Hi All!

You know that recently I've had my share of time being under the weather. What you might not have known is that this has been an ongoing issue in my life for the past 8 years.

Next week, I will be traveling to a larger city and better hospital to hopefully get a diagnosis and treatment plan so I can go back to my regular writing schedule and happy-go-lucky self. I am sharing this information with you because it may impact my ability to garner new posts every Tuesday for an indeterminate amount of time. Next Tuesday, especially, is the first day of my appointments. While the hotel I am staying at has Wi-Fi, I'm not sure if I'll remember or be up to blogging.

Know this, I will try my hardest to stay on schedule for you guys. I have made this commitment to myself and to you and I will not break it without a fight. But life doesn't always go smoothly, so I wanted to warn you all in advance that posting may be sporadic for the coming weeks, or sometimes, nonexistent.

But don't fret! In the meantime, let me share with you a few of my favorite writer-geared email subscriptions that you can check out.

First, Dictionary.com's Word of the Day. I chose this subscription because we've recently been talking about diction. It is also a fun way to learn archaic or quirky words to share with your friends.
What happens: Every day, Dictionary.com emails you a new word with a definition, the origin, and that word used in context. If you're not up to subscribing to the free email subscription, you can also check out the Word of the Day on their website. To discover the Word of the Day, go here.

Next, The Ripples Project is something I learned about two years ago when Paul (the founder) spoke at my college orientation. His emails filled with inspiration and quotes come out every Monday morning (when you need the push to get through your week). The quotes are awesome for writers to know and most often make you leave feeling all warm and fuzzy inside.
What happens: Every Monday, a new Ripple appears in your inbox. They all have themes that then include a short quote, long quote, and inspirational message from Paul the Ripples Guy himself. To sign up for Ripples, go here.

Hopefully these email subscriptions will keep you inspired to write, even if I fail to offer a new post every week until my health is back on track.

And remember: Write Every Day: even if it's simply a sentence, a word, or a punctuation mark. You are the only one who can write your book. You are the only one who will.

No comments:

Post a Comment