Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Happy Spring?

So, I've lost hope that spring will ever come. Forget summer. That Disney movie Frozen couldn't have come out on a better year.

Meanwhile, I've admittedly been in a bit of a writing slump. I've acquired three jobs, plus my rabbit was just spayed (poor baby) - so I've been playing nurse, and I can't possibly do anything but sit under a blanket when it's a consistent -20 degrees in Wisconsin.

And you know what? I'm not worried about it. I know, when it's time for me to write, it will happen. In the meantime, I'm catching up on this year's movies (Frozen was better than expected) and doing a lot of reading. If it's what my creative writer-brain needs right now, then I'm not going to push it. Eventually I'll pull my laptop out and start scribing again because I always do after writing slumps.

Also, though writing is not what I'm doing right now, art definitely is. I realized it's been a while since I showcased some of my artwork, and since you can't look outside at mountains of snow all the time and expect not to be depressed, here's some color to brighten the coldest March in history.

This piece, titled "The Universe is Shifting", is a 9x11 oil pastel on paper. I've already framed it, as you see.


 
This piece, titled "Life Inside the Box", is a much larger (I didn't measure, sorry) acrylic and marker on canvas. It's my most recent piece, unless you count the unfinished panel sitting on my table now.
 
 
 
And for Throwback...Tuesday(?)...here's my favorite art class final. The project was to paint yourself into a classic. I chose Gustav Klimt's "The Kiss" from 1908/1909. My version is an acrylic on panel board and I even painted in my (at that time) red hair and geek glasses, circa 2012.
 
None of these are available on my Etsy shop, for those of you who were reading this blog when I announced its creation. I've kind of slacked in the shop lately due to overwork and exhaustion. But, they're nice to look at, yes? If you're an artist, feel free to share with us pictures of your art as well.
 
Otherwise, don't sweat it if you're in a spring writing slump. It happens. Often. Breathe, read, and create again another day.
 
Happy Tuesday everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment